Hannah Godwin on Her Bachelor Breakup and 'Swerving' Around Dumb Drama

It wasn't piece of cake watching Hannah Godwin go eliminated from The Bachelor. The recipient of Colton Underwood'due south first-impression rose and an all-effectually fan favorite, the 23-year-quondam from Alabama wound upwardly eagerly awaiting a Portuguese fantasy-suite appointment destined to never happen in Monday dark's episode, afterwards Underwood made the unprecedented decision to break upwardly with both of the flavour's remaining contestants. However, Godwin didn't take Underwood's surprise breakup without seeking clear answers, many of which he had no response to. "I should've known it was too proficient," she concluded before they split. "I'1000 and then angry correct at present."

Prior to her heartbreak, Godwin'south Bachelor presence this season could maybe be best described as a genial gal pal to all, frequently going dorsum and forth from sizzling scenes with Underwood to consciously fugitive any and all drama that infiltrated the contestants' inner circle. Earlier today, Vulture hopped on the phone with her to hash out information technology all.

How'southward your week going?
Distraction is a good thing — existence able to move frontward and get in a totally new direction of not being stuck in the past. I'm stoked nearly that.

I must showtime by request: Your Available job description of "content creator" amused me, as I've had a similarly broad career. What exactly was your profession earlier starting the bear witness?
I love talking almost this, because similar you said, it's so broad. A lot of people are similar, Does this mean you're only an influencer and a model? I put that as my description considering information technology actually is broad. I have a background in photography, so sometimes companies reach out to me to take photos or create content for their social campaigns, and I'll design that. But I also do it for myself for social media. Modeling plays a function in creating stuff, too. Being a creator equally a whole is my jam. I've been really lucky I've been able to do it for myself and not but having to do it for another company.

Available viewers can exist pretty contemptuous with social media advertising, specially when it comes to all those quick-buck spon-cons involving flat tummy teas and pilus gummies. Have yous thought about how you lot'll arroyo these new opportunities without seeming too gimmicky?
It's equally simple as just incorporating brands and products that I really, truly beloved. That's where I stay truthful to myself. I studied marketing and I have my degree in marketing. I know how important information technology is to go along up brand loyalty. With all of these new eyeballs on me, they all deserve to know how I truly feel about products and things similar that. There'southward definitely a stigma forth the lines of, Oh, you've been on the show and you get your followers. I but love beingness creative in whatsoever way I can. I did stuff for other companies without my face up beingness attached to it, simply considering [it's] something I'1000 passionate about. I love talking about things I love!

What motivated you to apply for The Bachelor?
All of my friends kept telling me that I had to try out. I was e'er the single girl at weddings and information technology was an ongoing joke with my friends, similar, She's by herself if anyone wants to dance with her! As much every bit information technology was fun to joke about that, information technology too sucked because it wasn't exactly where I thought I would be at that point in my life. So finally, after a few mimosas ane solar day, I filmed a video. My best friend helped me and we sent something in. From in that location, I estimate they thought I was going to be an interesting fit for the show. Some people discover beloved at a bar at two a.thousand. Some people observe dear at an aerodrome. Why not see what happens when you don't have your telephone with you and actually have the time to get to know somebody without whatever distractions? In my career, I was also finally in such a good spot of feeling fulfilled. I worked my butt off, merely I hadn't really have time to focus on the love side or make dear my priority. And then why not do something dissimilar?

Did you lot apply hoping it was going to be Colton?
People would ask me a lot during the application procedure, Who are you thinking nigh? The height three contenders were obviously Colton, Blake [Horstmann], and Jason [Tartick]. I recall I would've had a different kind of relationship with all of them, considering they're all and then different. I didn't want to set myself upwardly for disappointment if I just latched onto one person. I wasn't disappointed it was Colton by any ways, but I was like, Okay, cool, it's gonna exist this kind of relationship.

What did you put in your application video?
You lot know what, I wish I had a wilder story for yous. But I was simply Evidently Jane with information technology. Simple and to the point!

Now that y'all've watched the season along with the residue of united states of america, exercise yous think your edit represented y'all well?
Manifestly the edit shows a role of me, but it'due south non the entire version of me. It showed my more reserved side, which is totally a thing. In that location were definitely a few moments watching where I was like, Oh my gosh, I can't believe they didn't add that! Simply it's not The Hannah Evidence. But my overall feelings towards everything is that I'm very lucky people have taken it well. With the drama and everything, I made my relationship with Colton my one and simply priority. I tried to stay in my own lane and non get caught up in distractions when I was working on my human relationship.

The smartest move you could possibly brand.
I tried to swerve information technology equally much as I could. I think I did okay and I came out with good relationships with a lot of the women on the show, so that was nice, likewise. I would wake upwardly every forenoon and be like, What's going to make me happier today, causing drama or making fun memories and focusing on me and Colton? I went with any fabricated me happiest and that meant not talking smack.

Who's however in your friend group from the show?
I'm close with a lot of the women. I dearest Katie, Demi, Heather, Hannah B., and Kirpa. They're all so dissimilar, personality-wise, and then I have different threads with each of them. Information technology'due south funny that I'grand sitting in a spot where I'grand friends with somebody who also dated the same dude that I did, but here I am. We're all still friends!

You all demand to crash Hannah's Bachelorette season and interrogate the boys.
I know, that would be so girl power and awesome.

Were you lot approached about being the Bachelorette?
I tin't say, I'grand pitiful. At that place were a lot of conversations in the air.

Were at that place any memorable moments from the season that were filmed simply not aired?
I don't think I could pinpoint i verbal retentiveness, but information technology would've been prissy for my goofier side to have been shown. I accept a much goofier side of rapping and having general awkward moments. That side of me is why I remember people similar me. Oh, you lot know what? A clip that was really never in an episode, but released subsequently, was the moment Colton told me he was falling in love with me in Colorado. The evidence cutting it out and released it subsequently the episode aired. That was a really special moment for both of us.

How do you feel Colton handled your breakup in Portugal? He recycled a lot of what he said with both you lot and Tayshia.
The i thing I struggled with, in addition to a lot of "what-ifs" and unanswered questions, was when he kept giving me opportunities of hope within the breakup. That was confusing for me. At the finish of the solar day, what is my dream breakup? I don't have a dream breakup! I don't remember there's a perfect way to handle it. He was respectful about it, I guess, only yet, who wants to be cleaved upwards with like that? It was difficult for me to take so many unanswered questions, considering I knew I wouldn't be able to see him face-to-face once again for months. That was difficult for me.

The lingering source of drama this flavour has been whether or not Caelynn and Cassie openly talked about wanting to get the Bachelorette. It's pretty moot at this bespeak, merely was there any truth to that story? Did you overhear anything during your fourth dimension on the show that made you question if somebody for there for the "correct" reasons?
I actually tried non to focus on who was there for "correct" or "wrong" reasons. I was focusing on myself. But when Katie left and warned Colton, I don't think she was saying it as, Hey, these people are here for the incorrect reasons. I call back she was basically saying, Hey, make sure you know these people well, because perchance their actions have been different from their words. Was I there for any of these conversations? No. Did I care that much? No.

On The Bachelor's Reddit page , you were deemed the antonym of a typical reality star considering you exuded such genuine behavior and nonconformity. I wanted to know if you concord with that, or if fifty-fifty consider yourself to exist a "reality star" at this point?
Any conversation I had on the show — and know this is all new for me, talking about it — I tried to have actual, real conversations. I don't recollect any of us are better than the other or deserve more than the other. Merely being myself has been my coolest trick I've learned from this. I'g not trying to fill any role. Being reasonable and having real conversations and caring virtually people isn't rocket science. It's such a compliment that people recognize it, for sure. I don't call back I'd have to act like I'grand a crazy cool reality star because it'south just not the case. I did go through a cool experience and I went through information technology with America. I'yard happy people got to encounter me for me.

Hannah Godwin on Her Bachelor Breakup and Avoiding Drama